Liza is a therapist, teacher and counsellor with a remarkable range of practice experience. She spent the first twenty-seven years of her career in education, teaching in a range of institutions, from a young offenders’ institution to a seminary, from secondary schools to universities. She then moved into counselling and therapy, providing therapeutic support for children and young people in crisis.
Liza is an accredited and registered therapist and works as the Director of Therapy and and support services at Capstone, South West, as well as training for Kate Cairns Associates. She and her family were foster carers for twenty-six years.
- 2008–Present: Director of Therapy and Support Services, Capstone Foster Care
- 2004–2009: Associate Trainer, Akamas
- 1983–2009: Foster carer
- 2005–2008: Support Services Co-ordinator, Woodside Foster Care
- 2003–2007: Founder, Kids Come First
- 1999–2003: Established counselling services in various schools in Gloucestershire
- 1971–1998: Teaching, lecturing and counselling in schools and colleges in Nigeria and the UK
- Advanced Certificate in Attachment Therapy, Colby College, Maine, U.S.A, 2007
- Intermediate Certificate in Attachment Therapy, Colby College, Maine, U.S.A, 2006
- Counselling in Educational Settings, British Association of Psychotherapists, 2003
- MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling, specialising in working with adolescents, Birkbeck College, University of London, 2000
- Certificate in Counselling , Gloucestershire Counselling Service, 1993
- Post-graduate Diploma in Community Development, University of Edinburgh , 1975
- BA (Hons), University of Durham, 1971